Sponsorship Award of the Ruth and Erich Rossmann Foundation
The Ruth and Erich Rossmann Foundation was established in 2000. It supports talented diploma and master's graduates of the Department of Architecture by means of a one-year postgraduate or continuing education course at a university of architecture abroad.
Erich Rossmann (1925-2010), himself a graduate of the Karlsruhe Department of Architecture and a student of Egon Eiermann, worked as an architect in Karlsruhe from the 1950s onwards. With the architectural firm Rossmann und Partner he realized, among others, the Mathematical Research Institute Oberwolfach (1972-74) or the City Library in Reutlingen (1979-85). At the Department of Architecture, where he was an honorary professor from 1978, he helped shape teaching, especially in the 1980s.
His great commitment to students is still evident today through the work of the Rossmann Foundation.
Prizes at the department
Rossmann Scholarship 2020
(Prof. Dirk Hebel / Rosemarie Wagner )
"The Future of Clay - From Brickworks to Competence Centre".
(Prof. Dirk Hebel / Prof. Dr. Riklef Rambow)
"Non-places - As an urban mine"
(Barbara Engel / Prof. Markus Neppl)
"Rurbanes Land: New Perspectives for Rural Areas"
During the master's farewell ceremony on Oct. 23, 2019, Ellen Rémy was awarded the Rossmann Foundation Grant.
In the picture: Ellen Rémy (left) and Prof. Dr. Barbara Engel (right) (Photo: Zentrale Fotowerkstatt)
Award Winner 2018:
During the master farewell ceremony on 24.10.2018,Jerónimo Haug and Alexander Forschwere awarded the sponsorship prize of the Rossmann Foundation.
In the picture: Dean Prof. Dr. Georg Vrachliotis (far right) and Jeronimo Haug (far left). (Photo: Central Photo Workshop)
Prize Winner 2017:
During the "Einklang" on 18.10.2017, Jannis Bruns was awarded the sponsorship prize of the Rossmann Foundation.
On the picture: Dean Prof. Dr. Georg Vrachliotis and Jannis Bruns
Prize Winner 2016:
During the "Einklang" on 19.10.2016 Lisa Heger was awarded the sponsorship prize of the Rossmann Foundation.
On the picture: Dean Prof. Dr. Georg Vrachliotis and Lisa Heger