What are the duties of the Department Examination Office and who are the contact persons?
Department Examination Office
The areas of responsibility of the Department Examination Office and of the examination board advisors are:
- Clarification of questions relevant to examinations
- Coordination of the online examination administration
- Advising on study and examination regulations, course of study, specialisation, study and examination achievements
- Recognition of academic achievements from foreign and German universities
- Applications for a second repetition of an examination
- Issuance of the registration slip for exmatriculation
- Processing/review of BAFöG applications
- Preparation of schedules for Bachelor's/Diploma and Master's theses
- Checking admission
- Registration for Bachelor/Diploma or Master thesis
- Coordination of final examinations (distribution of examination slips, file notifications/statements, coordination of the meeting period, organization of the examination board, preparation of the farewell)
- Preparation of provisional "passed" confirmations
- Coordination and organization of department events
Examination matters architecture
Phone: +49 721 608 43879
fax: +49 721 608 46090
Office of the Dean of Studies
Building 20.40, 1st floor, room 139
Mon, Tue, Thu: 09:00-12:00 hrs.
Examination History of Art
Phone: +49 721 608 42191
fax: +49 721 608 48039
Building 20.40, ground floor room 020
Mo - Fr: 09:00 -12:00 o'clock
Mon - Thurs: 14:00 - 17:00 hrs
Applications for admission to the Orientation Examination, Preliminary Examination, Bachelor's Examination or Master's Examination can be submitted at any time via the Art History Office to the chairperson of the Art History Examination Committee. Proof of fulfilment of the admission requirements according to §§ 27, 31, 35 or 42 of the examination regulations must be submitted.
Examination matters postgraduate Master's programme in the restoration of old buildings
MAS ETH gta Anette Busse
Building 20.40, room 127
Office hours: by arrangement
How do I get an extension of time?
Go to our Department Review Office with this request.
Bring a current performance record with you, on which failed and registered examinations are also documented, and set up an examination schedule for the outstanding examinations of the Diplom-Vorprüfung.
The application is submitted in letter form via the Department Examination Office and from there submitted to the Examination Committee for a decision.
Reasons such as impaired health over a longer period of time are documented with a medical certificate. Otherwise, consideration is not guaranteed.
How does the feedback work?
Students who want to continue their studies at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology have to re-register every semester. The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology offers the student portal for this purpose. On this portal you can easily, comfortably and quickly re-register, print out study certificates and also change your address. For the processing of each re-registration, an administrative fee has to be paid in addition to the student union fee.
I need a BAFöG certificate. What do I have to do?
Please enter your name and semester of study in the form and enclose a current transcript of records.
You can download the transcript of records yourself from the student portal or have it printed out in the study office.
Where can I get more information about student financing?
Outstanding students and scientists need special encouragement and support.
The KIT Innovation and Relations Management brings together funding institutions and candidates when outstanding achievements of committed students and young scientists are to be honored.
Further information athttps://www.irm.kit.edu/studienfinanzierung.php
I need a leave of absence. What do I have to do?
Upon application, students may be released from the obligation to study properly for good cause.
> Information on leave of absence can be found on the central KIT pages
What has to be considered when exmatriculating (terminating studies)?
Exmatriculation: Termination of studies
Exmatriculation means the termination of studies at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and is carried out by the Office of Student Affairs.
Students are exmatriculated upon their own application in the case of a change of university or voluntary termination of studies.
Students are exmatriculated ex officio
- upon completion of their studies
- if the examination entitlement has expired (e.g. failure to meet a deadline or final failure of an examination)
- if re-registration (payment of fees) is not made on time or in the correct manner.
For de-registration, students of the Department of Architecture need the "official" blue de-registration slip from the Student Services and the "internal" white de-registration slip from the Department Dean's Office.
The "internal" de-registration slip remains filled out in the Dean's Office and the official blue de-registration slip must be handed in completely to Student Services. The date of de-registration can be determined by the student when handing in the blue de-registration slip in the Student Services (e.g. immediately or at the latest by 30.04. or 30.09. of a year).
No ECTS confirmations/provisional certificates or transcripts will be handed out without the exmatriculation slip.
For exmatriculation, here is an excerpt from the KIT admission and matriculation regulations.
(1) With exmatriculation, membership in KIT expires. Exmatriculation is effected ex officio or upon application of the student on the form provided by KIT.
(2) De-registration is effected by booking in the data processing system and handing over or sending the de-registration notice. If the de-registration is ex officio, it usually becomes effective at the end of the semester. If the student applies for de-registration, this is also possible with immediate effect. § Section 62 (4) and (5) LHG remains unaffected.
(3) KIT may make the handing over or sending of the notice of exmatriculation dependent on the submission of discharge notes from the KIT library or other facilities and institutes or from the Studentenwerk. If the de-registration has been applied for with immediate effect before the end of the semester, the KIT student ID and all original matriculation certificates must be returned to KIT and an assurance must be given that the matriculation certificates already printed out will no longer be used or that institutions to which matriculation certificates have been submitted will not be used.
enrolment certificates have been informed about the de-registration.